Wednesday 30 May 2012

A Raw Cleanse...Just in Time for Why I'm Veg Week

Attention, fellow veggies and enthusiasts! Why I'm Veg Week is kicking off in T Dot on Saturday. I will be attending Veg Fest in Niagara that day, but the Veggie Pride Parade is going on in our very own city as well.

Coincidentally, I am also starting a raw food cleanse on June 1st for 15 days. This is actually perfect timing, since I'm sure my raw taste buds will be tickled plenty during my first week!

I wanted to take this opportunity to discuss why I'm doing a cleanse and how being veggie is a crucial part of my life overall. After my vacation, I have had a hard time getting back into my former healthy routine. I've had nights where I could have had way better quality sleep, and I've been so preoccupied with other things that I've slacked on preparing food. So I've been buying food while I'm out or eating my parents' food, which is not unhealthy exactly, but it ain't what my body's used to. I've also been drinking more than usual. All of these factors combined have made me notice an overall difference in my energy level and general feeling of well-being.

I figured with the warmer weather coming in it'd be a great time to give my body a break. I've always had digestion issues, and eating less raw food, poor combining choices and even poorer timing choices have wrecked havoc on my digestive system. I am going to aim to start my cleanse with as much veggie juice as possible to give my body a break from having to extract nutrients from solid food. For more info on the benefits of juicing, check out my previous post.

I am going to stock up on tons of organic veggies to always have on hand during these 15 days. I actually love the feeling when I discover how veggies I'd been cooking all along taste amazing raw! For example, my usually steamed okra ended up in a salad I had the other day in it's natural raw form, and it was delish.

I am a little sad to say bye to my coffee and gum. But very glad to be free of those little vices. Raw cleanses are not only good for your body, but the mind benefits from some discipline once in a while too.

I'll keep y'all updated. Happy veggin'!


No comments:

Post a Comment